whats going on

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

whats going on

Post by zeke392 »

not much info being posted lately, I've got the bug and I want to come down. Anything going on?
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: whats going on

Post by SRAces »

I haven't posted much as I've been tarpon fishing (attempting to catch one...lol!) and freshwater fishing for a local tournament in a couple of weeks. So that took me out of saltwater fishing for quite a few weekends. I did make it out twice in the past month in saltwater. Water temps were pretty high and the salinity has been affecting the bite due to all the rain and freshwater runoff. That's why no fishing reports from me for quite a while. Will be back saltwater fishing regularly again after the 18th. :wink:
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
Edwade
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by Edwade »

I went out to the east I think 3 times in July. The water is very dark and stirred up, but the fishing hasn’t been too bad. Better size on both the reds and trout, but not in the same numbers. Because of the low visibility, I’ve been catching almost exclusively on noisy topwater plugs, mostly over grass beds. Come on down and good luck!
BloodyChamp
Yak Daddy
Yak Daddy

Post by BloodyChamp »

Sitting in the dang rain is all that's going on over here. This summer has STUNK for fishing, but I'm not going to have to quit this fall so I better not complain.
zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

Post by zeke392 »

we been getting hammered with rain here just south of Atlanta, how about the fogotten coats? I'm sure all the fresh water will influence fishing, the next couple weekends look good for me. What do you think?
Fishbaitbilly
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by Fishbaitbilly »

Come on down zeke392! The worst day I ever had on the water was wonderful! Yes, there is a lot of fresh water influx and dingy water in most places but fish still have to eat. The trick is feeding them what they will feed on. As most people know, I am pretty much a topwater junkie but if I wanted to put someone on fish right now I would go to live bait. Not many shrimp around right now, however, pinfish and croakers are everywhere. They are the main menu item right now. Float a 3" pinfish under a popping cork and you will catch everything from catfish to redfish with an occasional shark thrown in. Not too glamorous but it works!
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by SRAces »

Between tarpon fishing (attempting) and freshwater fishing (prefishing for a local upcoming tournament), I haven't hit saltwater for regular fishing much in the past 2 months. Went yesterday and caught 13 reds ranging from 17 - 23 inches. The water was a little murky due to all the rain, but the salinity seemed okay. Will post a fishing report sometime today. :wink:
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

I havent fished all year.
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon
salty gator
Yaking Monster
Yaking Monster

Post by salty gator »

jsuber wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 pm I havent fished all year.
Is everything ok?
You should have been here yesterday
jsuber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jsuber »

i have no idea....because i havent been fishing. i am okay i just dont have the desire at this point. Maybe later when it cools off
Jeff Suber

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

2022 Hobie Pro Angler 14
2019 Hobie Outback
Malone Trailer
Penn Battle III
Bone One-Knocker and Gold ADL spoon