Destin 18-23

New to kayak fishing, come on in for answers.

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

bigginj

Destin 18-23

Post by bigginj »

Hey there fellow anglers, newbie to FCKA but not fishing. I will be going to Destin FL 18-23 and will taking my kayak with me. Ive never really fished the area from the kayak before and would greatly appreciate some advice on the area or maybe even tagging along with anyone not only for guidance but also safety. Thanks ahead for any advice and guidance. Looking foward to being a part of this forum.
Hold Em HOOK!!
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Re: Destin 18-23

Post by WannaDoDat »

Welcome, bigginj!
I am clueless about Destin but I'm sure there will be someone chiming in with advice. Have a great time exploring. :D

Jean
GoodCall
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Post by GoodCall »

Welcome! I too don't have much to contribute that far west...my first hand knowledge ends at Port St. Joe/St Joe Bay.
Good luck!
bigginj

Post by bigginj »

Thanks for the welcome guys.. I will be fishing either way..Was hoping for some guidance but I can learn from scratch just as good as the next guy.. Hopefully I'll stumble on a few fish to post about..
Hold Em HOOK!!
WannaDoDat
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by WannaDoDat »

bigginj wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys.. I will be fishing either way..Was hoping for some guidance but I can learn from scratch just as good as the next guy.. Hopefully I'll stumble on a few fish to post about..
That's the way I fish! Challenging and satisfying putting your research and knowledge to use. Go get 'em!!

Jean
Shorewalker
Tall Teller
Tall Teller

Post by Shorewalker »

First off, there has been a pretty healthy string of theft at some of these remote launches so leave extra Sh*t at the hotel. And then make sure nothing else looks tempting.

Way too late to this party to help but maybe I will catch a few stragglers there is a launch into the ICW at Hogtown Bayou. You can find trout, redfish, flounder, shark.

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.3997506 ... 9025,16.5z

Then you can BTB off Rosemary but that takes a group and a fair amount of experience.

Finally, folks will fish Three Mile Bridge in the fall. Massive overslot reds can be found gorging on white trout before the offshore run. Usually fished at night. Again bring a friend as this place can get busy.
Orange Wildy Ride 135
Tan Hobie Pro Angler
Green Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 15
Green/White Perception Tribe 9