DIY Deck Mat

Moderators: Talltails, LCallaghan, jsuber

zeke392
Yakaholic
Yakaholic

DIY Deck Mat

Post by zeke392 »

I have owned this 2017 Outback for a year and been contemplating adding deck mat the whole time. I decided that I would install some matting mainly for sound reduction. I like the kits you can buy but most of them have matting that I didn't want, and none had everything I wanted. I bought a sheet of Blacktip Watersports Traction Mat from Watercraft Superstore for $61. They had 3 different patterns available and a bunch of colors but not all colors were available in all patterns. Watercraft Superstore was very helpful on the phone and sent me a sample pack to help decide what I wanted, I went with blue. I made templates out of cardboard and used a good pair of scissors, razor blades and disposable x-acto knives to make my pads. This mat has a self adhesive backing that sticks very well. It took me a while but here is the finished product for now, I may add more later.
Outback mat 1.jpg
Outback mat 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SRAces
Post Warrior
Post Warrior

Re: DIY Deck Mat

Post by SRAces »

Looks very nice. Should definitely help with soundproofing and overall deck comfort. :D
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador
2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass
2015 Hobie Pro Angler 14 - Papaya